Susan is available for consulting work in her areas of expertise, which include:
- social impact assessment
- gender-based analysis plus (GBA+)
- social and gendered impacts of natural resource development
- intersectionality and public policy
- gender-based violence
- diversity and inclusion assessment and training
- qualitative research
- project management
- social policy analysis
To discuss your consulting needs and Susan’s rates, please contact her by email (email@example.com).
Previous Consulting Experience
Strengthening Impact Assessments for Indigenous Women (2018)
- Primary researcher on a research team contracted by the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (CEAA) to provide guidance to support the implementation of the proposed Impact Assessment Act, specifically the new requirements to consider “the intersection of sex and gender with other identity factors” when examining potential social, economic, and health impacts of major projects.
- We were tasked with paying particular attention to identifying changes that would make the process more inclusive for Indigenous women.
- Our final report was submitted to the CEAA in November 2018 and has many concrete suggestions for improving the impact assessment process for Indigenous women. It will inform the federal government’s guidelines for proponents of resource extraction projects should the proposed Act receive royal assent.
- Report produced: http://www.criaw-icref.ca/en/product/strengthening-impact-assessments-for-indigenous-women
Girl Guides of Canada (2019)
- Produced a research design for a planned annual ‘Girl Experience’ research project which explores the issues that matter most to girls in Canada each year. The report of the first year’s results using my research design is set to be rolled out in 2021.
- Analyzed the qualitative results of the annual ‘Girl’s Voice’ survey, which was sent to all girl members of GGC and their parents. Produced a report summarizing the qualitative survey results and proposed options and strategies to resolve outstanding issues and barriers in future. This report is used widely by GGC’s program and policy teams.